The Castle Cats VIP system was introduced in August, 2019, and moderately revised in January, 2021, with version 2.16.1. It works similarly to VIP systems in many other games: Players are awarded VIP XP for making real-money purchases and receive progressively more and better benefits as their VIP rank increases. VIP ranks range from 0 to 7, and a player's rank never decreases. VIP progress and rewards information can be accessed by tapping the shield icon in the upper left of the guild hall screen.
In general, players are awarded 250 VIP XP for every $5 USD spent. The XP award is always applied in full, with any XP remaining after reaching a new rank applied toward the next rank. Following is a chart showing the XP and real-money amounts required to achieve each rank.
|Rank||XP Required||Cost (USD)||Cumulative
Following are the automatic, permanent rewards for reaching particular ranks.
Guild Leader Items
Upon reaching the first five VIP ranks, players unlock Guild Leader items of progressively greater rarity status:
- Uncommon items, unlocked at VIP rank 1, include sets of 4 faces, 3 fur patterns, 3 outfits, and 3 weapons.
- Rare items, unlocked at VIP rank 2, include sets of 3 faces, 3 fur patterns, 3 outfits, and 3 weapons.
- Epic items, unlocked at VIP Rank 3, include sets of 3 faces, 3 fur patterns, 3 outfits, and 3 weapons.
- Mythic items, unlocked at VIP rank 4, include sets of 5 faces, 3 fur patterns, 3 outfits, 4 weapons, and 4 "extras" or accessories.
- Legendary items, unlocked at VIP rank 5, include sets of 3 faces, 3 fur patterns, 3 outfits, and 3 weapons.
Images of all of these items can be found on the Avatar Customization page.
Starting at VIP rank 1, players receive an increase to their fortress hero limit, expanding its capacity by up to eight pages of heroes. From VIP rank 3, players also receive an increase in the number of active cat slots, ie. the number of heroes who can appear in the guild hall and be sent on quests.
The following VIP benefits are not permanent but require activation with the purchase of VIP tickets. A 7-day ticket costs 60 gems and a 28-day ticket costs 200 gems. When the ticket expires, the benefits must be re-activated with the purchase of another ticket.
- https://www.facebook.com/castlecatsgame/photos/a.1091007500921428/2525132937508870/ Castle Cats Facebook post, Aug 31, 2019.
Heroes: Hero Book • Alchemy Cats • Celebrity Heroes • Timewalkers