|This page contains information regarding the Purrismas Event 2021.|
Much of the content below is copied verbatim from Castle Cats and is therefore copyrighted by PocApp.
Purrismas 2021 was a full Castle Cats event added in app version 3.3. It began on November 15, received a mid-event update on December 10, and ran through January 8. An update to app version 3.3.1 was released on November 23 to add content and fix a variety of bugs.
The event introduced six new heroes: Christian, Nora and Nils, who could be purchased with real money, and three more who could be crafted in Alchemy. All 27 of the previous Purrismas cats were also available for recruitment.
The Mew Year's Eve mini-event began on December 31, 2021, and ran concurrently with the remainder of the Purrismas event. It introduced one new microtransaction cat, Niaur, and brought back all six previous Mew Year's Eve heroes.
New guild leader customization options were available in the Event Shop, as were one new and nine returning hero outfits. Items from past Purrismas events were available in the prize pool of the Event Box. The Event Badge and Event Pass offered prizes for players based on how much of the event they completed.
The event included a 16-quest story campaign featuring the following characters (in order of appearance): Conan. Kai, Edward, Catniss, Pipsqueak, Francis, Sandy Claws, Molotov, Christian, Nicholas, and Demaires. The dialog is available in transcript.
Note: Quest #3 appeared twice, but the campaign resumed normally after the inadvertent duplication.
While the event was live, rewards for event-specific, normal and battle quests at quest level 4 and above included gingerbread hearts, candy canes and snowballs, Purrismas event materials that could be used to craft hero eggs and plushies and acquire new guild leader items. These materials could also be purchased as microtransactions in the Event Shop.
|2000 of each Purrismas material||$14.99 USD||+750|
1000 of each Purrismas material,
300 gems and Ginger
|1000 of each Purrismas material||$7.99 USD||+400|
|500 of each Purrismas material||$4.99 USD||+250|
The quest selection screen included a materials boost button offering the option to watch an ad and get double event materials from quest rewards for 30 minutes. Alternatively, purchasing a new premium hero for real money would double event materials from quest rewards and purchasing two or more microtransaction cats would triple them. These boosts lasted for the duration of the event and replaced the ad boost option.
The Event Shop offered three new Purrismas heroes and one new Mew Year's Eve hero as microtransaction purchases. Also available were sixteen previous premium Purrismas heroes and four previous premium Mew Year's Eve heroes.
Three new Purrismas heroes could be crafted in Alchemy, from the Hockey, Straw and Wrapped Eggs. All eleven crafting cats from previous Purrismas events and two from a previous Mew Year's Eve event were also available.
|Egg||Name & Description||Materials Cost||Craft
Gather items for a great party and this egg will become a new Hero.
Make a sparkling egg for others to admire, someone might join your Guild because of it!
This Hero will be a number one fan. Maybe not yours, though...
This egg almost looks like a goat. How strange...
Do we really need to hatch this egg, or do we keep it as an ornament?
Craft an egg out of gingerbread to create a new Hero, but don't eat it!
Do you wanna build a snow caaat? Do it and create a new Hero.
Craft a cool snowball egg to call upon a new Hero.
Craft this egg and put it in a cold cellar to create a new Hero.
Seems no one wants this egg. Craft it and create a new Hero.
|Ice Dragon Egg
Craft a frozen egg and see what it hatches. Perhaps a new Hero?
Crack this egg open to get a new Hero.
|Purrismas Tree Egg
Can't find a good Purrismas Tree? Place your gifts around this egg instead! Maybe a Hero will appear?
A chilly, spiky egg for a chilly spiky Hero, perhaps?
The glasses came with the egg. Maybe they belong to the Hero?
|Furry Mountain Egg
This Hero seems both kind, calm and fluffy!
|Totals||8200 of each material (+2000 of each material)||30d (+6d)||16 cats|
Note 1: Plushies can only be unlocked in guilds that have reached level 50.
Note 2: Update the game to version 3.3.1 to fix various problems related to plushies.
Three plushies from the Purrismas Event 2020 were available again this year; players who had already unlocked them found them in the Alchemy station available for crafting or, if already crafted, with a green check mark. Two new plushie recipes were available, and between old and new, a number of distinct activities could be undertaken to earn all of the plushies in this event.
- As in 2020, gift boxes were available as quest rewards and could be given, one at a time, to the heroes in the Fortress. (Unlike last year, materials boosts did not apply to these rewards.) Gift inventory was capped at 30, and quests would stop offering them until there was room for more in storage. Two plushies from last year could be unlocked by giving the required number of gifts. A new plushie recipe, for Nicholas, unlocked when one of the heroes disappeared in a puff of smoke after receiving their gift, which seemed to occur at random.
- New this year, snowballs (distinct from those used as event materials) dropped from heroes when shaken for gold and could be used to build a snowman in the guild hall (between the Questboard and the Alchemy cauldron), unlocking a Frosty plushie.
- The Snowball plushie was again unlocked by completing the Advent Calendar, which became available on December 1 but only for players who did not complete it in 2020; the calendar did not appear at all in guilds that already unlocked the plushie. To complete the calendar, open the appropriate panel on each day from December 1 to December 25. If days are missed, their panels could still be opened for the price of two gems each.
- Players who watched the fireworks that appeared over the guild hall on Mew Year's Eve (between 11 pm, December 31, 2021, and 1 am, January 1, 2022) unlocked a Rocket plushie if they hadn't already done so in 2021.
Guild Leader Items
The following new guild leader customizations were available in the Event Shop.
|Item||Cost per Variant||# Variants|
|Mew Year's Eve Party Hat||4 Variants|
|Ski Jacket||5 Variants|
|Caroling Dress||6 Variants|
|Snow Skis||3 Variants|
|Ice Knight Conan|
|Ice Archer Catniss|
|Ice Mage Francis|
|Ear Muffs Edward|
|Christmas Sled Bob|
|Ice Queen Pipsqueak|
|Winter Coat Kai|
|Ice Skating Sandy Claws|
|Ice Dazzler Demaires|
The Event Box was shown in the final tab of the Event Shop window. It could be purchased for 50,000 coins every two days or for 60 gems otherwise at any time. Players got a free box at the start of the event as well. For each box purchase, a player received one of the nine prizes shown in the window, chosen at random. The prize pool, which refreshed automatically every day at midnight (00:00) local time, could also be reset by watching an ad and then by using Refresh tickets (see the Event Pass section below) if any were available, or if not for successively higher gem prices starting at 5 gems.
The overall prize pool for the Event Box included:
- 15 previous Purrismas premium heroes: Santa Paws, Sandy Claws, Nicholas, Alfie, Lisa, Charlie, Mrs Paws, Angela, Lumi, Boreal, Yule, Cocoa, Abuela, Star, Rudolph.
- Seven previous Purrismas hero outfits, one for each of the following cats: Conan, Catniss, Francis Edward, Bob, Pipsqueak and Kai.
- Nearly 90 different guild leader items from the Purrismas events in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 and the Mew Year's Eve mini-event in 2018.
- Various resources in the following fixed amounts:
- Gems: 50, 30, 20
- Reputation tokens: 12, 9, 6, 3
- Event materials: 300, 200, 100, 50
- Rare embers: 5, 3
- Common embers: 10, 5
Players could earn up to ten event badges by acquiring new event content and completing event quests. Prizes were awarded for obtaining 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 badges. Progress was tracked and prizes could be claimed in the Event Badges window accessed by tapping the gingerbread heart in the bottom left of the guild hall screen.
Note: Real-money purchases are required to earn the Recruiter badge, which is fitting given that the reward for earning all badges, a 14-day VIP ticket, is useful only to players who have made at least $10 in real-money purchases.
|Recruiter||Purchase New Premium Heroes||1||Christian, Nora, Nils, Niaur|
|Alchemist||Craft New Hero Eggs||1||Straw Egg (Holland)|
Wrapped Egg (Wriggley)
Hockey Egg (Abby)
|Artisan||Purchase Guild Leader Items||1||One variation per type of item|
|Lorekeeper||Complete Event Quests||8||Event Quests|
The Event Pass awarded prizes as players collected event materials; additional rewards were available to players who purchased the Gold Pass for 450 gems. Materials requirements increase as players advance through ten stages and act only as criteria, not costs; that is, no materials are taken from inventory as prizes are claimed. The Event Pass window could be found by tapping the gingerbread heart in the bottom left of the guild hall screen and then opening the third tab on the right.
Requirements and Rewards
Rewards included tickets that could be used to open the Event Box (pink with gold star) and to refresh the prize pool of the box (blue with circular arrow) after the "Refresh" ad has been watched. So far, unused tickets earned in one event remain available for use in the next, although the Castle Cats developaws have considered imposing an expiration on unused tickets. The Gold Pass could be purchased at any time to receive rewards retroactively from stages already cleared.
Free + Gold Pass
Valentine: 2017 (Transcript) • 2018 (Transcript) • 2019 (Transcript) • 2020 (Transcript) • 2021 (Transcript) • 2022 (Transcript)