Battle Quests are a new type of quest added in version 2.6.3. Similar to Reputation Quests they only appear Quest Level 6 onwards. Battle Quests involve a single round of combat with a very high hitpoint enemy ("Boss") with high rewards in return. They do not run on timers so cannot be auto-completed. Battle Quests are the only quests that can give up to 3 rewards.
Version 2.8 changed the bonus loot mechanics so several drops can happen during a Battle Quest, unlike the singular drop (due to one round) before that. Only in Battle Quests will every single special attack by a cat (including the Guild Leader) drop bonus loot. This includes the Warlord's triggered attacks. Also using Holy Lance will trigger a bonus loot drop. Finally you still get a bonus drop at the end of the round like other battles.
- Assigning cats for a Battle Quest will disable "Instant Complete Quest" until all Battle Quests are finished.
- For Missions Battle Quests will count under "Normal quests".
Battle Quests are guaranteed to contain one of the following:
? probably do not exist (based on several days of waiting at said levels).
Also it can potentially contain the following rewards;
- Event items (quantity depending on difficulty)
- Bonus items like materials (quantity depending on difficulty), rare materials, gem, or the ember of the day
Note: Level 10 Battle Quests can display a gem as reward on the questboard and still be a single-resource run. This is because that will be a bonus gem, and gems are higher on the importance listing than embers so they appear instead (while the ember is the battle quest resource), and the questboard can only show 2 out of 3 rewards. Similarly gems or tickets can be shown instead of the actual Battle Quest reward due to similar priority. Also level 7 & 9 Battle Quests can show a different ember than the one bound to said quest if the ember of the day has higher priority in displayorder. Likewise for rare materials on level 6.
- Timedecreasing cat traits (Attack Plan, Captain or Fortune Teller) and the extra damage trait Fighter) will decrease the starting hitpoints for the boss. Similarly the speed potion will reduce the boss hitpoints by half. This allows quick completion of Battle Quests. This however will lower the potential to farm bonus loot.
- Warlord, Ninja Looter, Pugomancer & Recharger are useful to gather the most bonus loot as possible.
- For the most loot (at the cost of time) refrain from using tap energy too.
- Battle Quests offer almost the same experience rewards as reputation quests while requiring half the skills. This will allow cats with Enduring with 2 our of 3 skills to carry lower level cats with a higher successrate than Demonic Possession allows.
Heroes: Hero Book • Alchemy Cats • Celebrity Heroes • Timewalkers